Chris Rich for Mayor 2012
Let's develop accountability measures which will hold council members personally responsible and possibly legally accountable for serious malfeasance in their assigned bureaus. The police bureau will be overseen by the Mayor’s office.
* Citizen review board will be created with binding authority to police the police.
* Increase the IQ standards for new officers.
* Maintain police and emergency services funding.
* Increase the amount of time for citizen statements at city council meetings.
* Reverse the decision to provide sex-change operations at tax-payer expense.
Portlander's will benefit from a non-gmo seed bank. These seeds will be available to Portland residents for the purpose of creating more home and community gardens. A home garden can translate into over $1,000.00 a year savings in typical produce purchases. The ability to grow healthy food is more important now, than ever.
* Create a city still to produce fuel grade alcohol (http://alcoholcanbeagas.com/). This resource will provide an enormous fuel savings to city fleet vehicles, and also to the general public.
* Develop a team to work on clearing the underbrush and snags throughout Forest Park. The forest is too cluttered with debris that can be fuel for a forest fire. The forest bed should be clear and only the strongest, tallest trees should be standing. This will ensure a safe future for our renowned natural treasure.